Howdy friends. It’s time to update you all on my life (because I know you’ve been wandering around aimlessly without a thing to do because I haven’t been posting regularly) by way of a confessions post. Or really just a list of stuff I’ve been doing and stuff that’s on my mind.
Check out some of my other confessions here.
If this doesn’t interest you,
too bad!! I have a top 10 best recipes post coming at you in a couple of days.
A Dozen Confessions slash things I want to tell you…
1. I survived the holidays. They were actually quite pleasant! (don’t look at me like that, you know how family and holidays can get!)
2. I bought myself a selfie stick. Many goofy family Christmas photoshoots ensued. You might have suspected as much if you follow me on snapchat (semihealthnut – FOLLOW ME).
[ please excuse the lighting that is Grandma K’s basement. and apparently someone said something funny because I’m not looking at the camera. ]
3. The last bullet was partly so I could plug my snapchat. What? It’s not like I can just add snapchat to my social media buttons on the blog! Snapchat is weird like that. I mostly share food and cat pics. If you’re into that sort of thing.
4. I made some super cute (if I do say so myself) homemade chocolate chip pancake mixes. I turned the kitchen into a disaster area in the process and also realized the recipients would have to make the entire batch with the measurements I knew (as opposed to 1 cup mix at a time). This is also one of the riveting videos you could see if you follow me on snapchat.
5. My siblings introduced me to this cat game app that I’m totally addicted to. Now instead of checking Instagram first thing in the morning…I’m checking Neko Atsume. #nerdalert
6. I’ve been keeping myself uber busy doing blog makeovers and really just figuring out how I want that business to look and function. I’m nearing the end of my beta testing, so that means getting serious, writing a business plan, spending the dinero to make it an official business…all very exciting but of course new and nerve wracking.
[ my friend Kaylin’s blog makeover. ]
7. Along those lines, I’m happy to say that I just completed my 8th blog makeover. It was for fellow food + fitness blogger Bucket List Tummy or BLT. This gal has only been blogging for about 3 months and I’m blown away by her ambition. Slash jealous she’s succeeded so quickly at this blogging thing.
8. Dave and I have also been keeping busy house hunting. Man oh man is it a process! I keep getting excited about certain ones, picturing where I will put all of my kitchen stuff, where all of our guests will hangout, where we will fit the crazy large sectional that we somehow crammed into our one bedroom apartment…only to have my hopes crushed by some detail that doesn’t work out. Or having the house sell immediately after looking at it. Such is life, eh? I’m sure we will find one we can agree on soon….I hope.
Or I might just live with my dad forever. Poor dad.
9. We will “finally set a date” when we get our house. One major life event at a time. Besides, Dave’s sister got engaged a couple of months after us and is getting married this year so two weddings in one year for Dave’s family seemed like a little much. *whew* Can you tell I got asked that question a lot around the holidays??
10. I am just now working on my “best of” posts from 2015 because I’m perpetually behind on blog things. Whatcha gonna do? At least I jumped on the bandwagon and got my best 9 Instagram photos from 2015 collage.
11. I will definitely be a cliché this year (just like last year and the year before and all the years) by writing a post all about my goals for the year. I love new years specifically for this reason.
12. I haven’t been to an actual gym in months. Yet another thing I’m waiting on until we get a house. I workout by jogging up and down my stairs, walking outside when there isn’t snow and ice on the ground, or I just don’t. I’m really itching to get back to the gym though!
Think the people at the gym will appreciate my fancy pants?
Alright, your turn! Do you have any confessions you need to get off of your chest??