Sometimes I have a bunch of random thoughts I want to share on the blog, but none of the topics are big enough to fill out a single post, thus the first edition of “On My Brain” a couple of weeks ago.
Yes, it is similar to Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud, but I am weird and don’t want to copy her phrasing. And it always makes me scratch my head (although I love Amanda and still link-up to her Thinking Out Loud posts) because it’s not really out loud…it’s on a computer/laptop/phone screen…
So, now that I’ve probably insulted one of my all-time favorite bloggers…
On My Brain 5-30-14
1. I wish I could inject coffee (and food) into my veins this morning. The past couple of nights Dave has worked late and it’s so hard for me to get to sleep when I know he could be coming home any minute. I have actually stayed up until midnight/1am the past couple of nights (which is a feat as I get up at 4-6am on a regular basis) and have still tried to get up early. My brain is hating me for this today.
2. The Diva Dash is tomorrow (check out my Diva Dash post or sidebar for a $10 discount code)!! It came so quickly! I am running/obstacle course-ing it with Alex and her mom and I’m so nervous. This will be my first obstacle course race! No, we didn’t make crazy matching outfits to wear. Next year, though. Next year.
3. If I survive tomorrow, I want to do the Walking Dead Escape. It’s this race slash obstacle course modeled around the show The Walking Dead (which I’m obsessed with and even designed The Walking Dead workout to do while I watch it). You can sign up to be a “walker” (a zombie) or a survivor. It’s coming to Minneapolis next month! Who’s with me??
4. Blend Retreat is next week already! I am so excited to hang out with my blends and meet new bloggers! Since I am currently working through some time management issues (going on 26 years now), I JUST decided to order new business cards yesterday. So of course I had to rush order them. I also spent a good 2 hours of time (that I didn’t have) designing them.
Side-note: I really thought I spelled connect wrong and was slightly worried when I was out and about yesterday (and couldn’t check to see if I did). Big sigh of relief. I can spell at a 4th grade level.
All of the editing and graphics I do on the blog currently is using PicMonkey–including those business cards. I pay for the “royal” version which is a few bucks a month and really, you can do more than you think with it. I will admit, during my time-slot there are two other topics that I wish I could go to instead…but if you want to come sit in the front row and cheer me on (or revive me if I faint from the terror of public speaking), I would love you forever!!
PS That writing thing I said I was doing today is actually happening tomorrow. Here are the questions if you want to link-up!
1. What am I working on/writing?
2. How does my work/writing differ from others of its genre?
3. Why do I write what I do?
4. How does my writing process work?
I’d love to see your answers if you are a writer/blogger! Check back tomorrow to see my answers.
Have you ever done an obstacle course? Any tips??
What’s on your brain today?
Linking up to:
PS I’m all about Pinterest this year, so I would LOVE IT if you could pin one (or two!) of these images. Use the handy dandy buttons at the bottom and top of each post to display the whole list of pins. If there is a link below the image, make sure to use that link to pin.
Also follow me so I can check out YOUR Pinterest account!