Happy Christmas/Christmas Eve/Holidays to everyone!
I am having a slight panic attack. Why?
I haven’t baked any Christmas cookies this season. At all. Not even after drooling over and posting the most decadent Christmas treats I could find on the internets. And I probably won’t bake anything before Christmas. It’s a weird weird feeling.
You see traveling across states in a car doesn’t present the best conditions to keep Christmas creations safe. Then the Daddio’s house (where I am staying) isn’t filled with my usual baking necessities such as flour, sugar, eggs, mixing bowls, etc. Plus I had a conversation with someone at work where I realized there is already enough sugar at each of my family gatherings.
Despite all of the logic, it still doesn’t feel right being the one to bring the veggie tray to holiday celebrations. I suppose someone has to do it, right?
It just doesn’t feel like Christmas without all of the baking!
To make myself feel better (and hopefully to entertain you all), I decided to instead whip up a post all about my favorite Christmas movie in the whole wide world.
These are my favorite lines (and moments) from the movie Elf.
- “I’m a cotton-headed ninny-muggent.” -Buddy
- “You did it! Congratulations! World’s Best Cup of Coffee. Great job everyone!” -Buddy
- “Oooh looks like a Christmas tree!” as Buddy pushes all of the buttons on the elevator.
- Buddy gets hit by a taxi.
- Buddy attempts to ride the escalator.
- Buddy sprays fruit perfume in his mouth.
“I’m in a store and I’m singing. I’m in a store and I’m singing. I’m in a store and I’m SINGING!!!” -Buddy
“There’s no singing in the north pole!” -manager at Gimbles
“Yes there is! We sing all the time! Especially when we make presents!” -Buddy
- “Hey! Have you seen these toilets?? They’re ginormous!” -Buddy yells to the man over the stall in the bathroom.
- Buddy runs into a locker.
- “Code word: ‘Santa’s got a brand new bag.'” -manager at Gimbles
- “You sit on a throne of lies! You smell like beef and cheese, not like Santa!” -Buddy
“I’m an elf. Well, technically I’m a human raised by elves.” -Buddy
“Oh. I’m a human. Raised by humans.” -girl in waiting room
- “I traveled through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, past the sea of swirly twirly gumdrops. Then I walked through the Lincoln tunnel.” -Buddy
“Can you pass the maple syrup please?” -Buddy
“Um, it’s spaghetti.” -Emily
“Oh I might have some. Yep, I always keep a spare in case of emergencies.” -Buddy
“You sure like sugar.” -Emily
“Is there sugar in syrup?” -Buddy
“Then YES!” -Buddy
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup.” -Buddy
- “Tickle fight!!” -Buddy to Walter
“Did you sleep okay?” -Emily
“Yes. I got a full 45 minutes. And I had time to build that rocking horse.” -Buddy
- “First, we’ll make snow angels, then we’ll go ice skating. Then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can and to finish, we’ll snuggle.” -Buddy to Walter
- “So, good news. I saw a dog today.” -Buddy to Michael
- “Son of a nutcracker!” -Buddy
- “Things worked out pretty good. They gave me a restraining order.” -Buddy
- “Francisco! That’s fun to say!” -Buddy
- “Deb you have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card!” -Buddy
- “Buddy the elf, what’s your favorite color?” -Buddy
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” -Buddy and elves in class
There are many more moments and lines, but I think I would end up typing out the entire movie.
From me and my friend Buddy the Elf, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 🙂 Hopefully you are baking up a storm in your part to make up for my lack of baking over here!
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
What are your plans for Christmas/Christmas Eve? I am headed to church with the Daddio shortly, then it’s on to dad’s side of the family for Christmas Eve and Christmas day will be spent with my mom’s side. Unfortunately Dave has to work, but he will be coming down from Minnesota the day after Christmas! Convenient since I still need to get him one more present! 😉
Did I miss any key lines or funny moments from Elf?