I have more words of wisdom to share from some of my favorite blogger friends! If you’re looking to start a blog or improve the one you have…you will want to check out this Blogging 101 series.
Catch up here:
I’m so excited to have the Purely Twins on the blog today! I adore their positive attitudes and I have lots of fun trying out their workouts on YouTube. Enjoy!
Hello Semi-Health Nut readers,
We are Lori and Michelle, twin sisters who write for the blog purelytwins.com. And we are honored to guest post for Amanda today to share some of our blogging 101 tips. We do not consider ourselves to be ‘experts’ in blogging, but we have learned quite a few things over the past few years of doing it.
1. How long have you been blogging? Did you have any blogs previous to your current one?
3. How has the blogging community impacted you personally?
4. Do you plan on continuing your blog for years to come or do you have other projects in mind?
5. What blogging platform (Blogger, WordPress, Self-hosted) do you use and why? Have you changed from one to the other? What was your experience with the change?
6. Do you use an ad agency? Which one and why? (or why not)
7. Do you have any advice to give to a new blogger? What is one thing you wish you had learned early on?
Tough question. Here we go with our tips for new bloggers –
- start off simple —don’t try to do everything at once; don’t do things just because a ‘bigger’ blogger is doing it, find your own path and voice — do things YOU want to do.
- figure out your blogs pattern -meaning write out how often you want to blog, and what topics you want to blog about, do you want to do any special series weekly, etc?
- network with those in your same field of interest — try to connect with others who blog similar things, build up friendships — support others because in the long run they will come back and support you which can help your blog grow.
- network with those outside your field of interest –read and comment on blogs that might blog about different things then you, great way to open up your audience
- know how much personal things you are going to share –be okay with sharing your life with everyone and knowing that not everyone is going to like it
- have an easy to read, well lay-out blog design —keep your blog design simple at first, and know over time you can change it and add things; make sure it is easy for new people to find things they are interested in off your homepage
- always be yourself —find a way to showcase your personality on your blog; and make sure to have an about page (and keep it up-to-date)
- and be consistent!!!
Well Semi-Health Nut friends, we hope you enjoyed reading some of our blogging 101 tips. Again blogging should be fun. Don’t over complicate things and always stay true to yourself. The more you are consistent with blogging not only will your readership grow, it will become easier for you.
We hope to see you over at purelytwins soon. Thanks again for reading. And thanks again Amanda for letting us be apart of this blogging 101 series.
Lori and Michelle, the purelytwins
Hmm…speaking of an “about” page…I should probably update mine sometime soon! So happy to have the lovely twins on the blog!
PS Won’t you please donate a dollar to support Girls on the Run? You will get entered into an amazing Justin’s Nut Butter raffle!! I truly appreciate everyone’s support with this fundraising!!
Do you blog? Pick one of the questions and answer it in the comments!
If you don’t, why or why not?