Sometimes it takes me a bit to recover from the weekend. Specifically the sleeping schedule. I stay up late Sunday evening getting things unpacked (when I go back home..like this weekend) and getting ready for the week...then it takes time to unwind and have my bedtime tea and cereal.
As a result, it took me about 45 minutes of snoozing this morning to actually crawl out of bed and turn the light on to get up,
Which can start the day off on a grumpy note...
Despite the fact that I'm not feeling super awesome and didn't get up as early as I wanted to...there are still plenty of reasons to be happy and thankful for today.
It's Monday BUT....
- I got a SNOW DAY last week!
I even let the roomie AND the BF try some and they are a hit! Now I just need to get around to sharing the recipe with you guys...
- I got to see my little nephew over the weekend!
|Okay I guess I saw my sister Courtney too. ;)|
- Dave drove this weekend so I didn't have to spend any money on the trip to our hometown.
- Our washer is broken at our apartment, but I got to do laundry at the Daddio's.
- Dave and I got to make food together. We used to do this all the time, but now that he travels a lot, it seems to be a rarity. We are pretty good.
- I ate mostly for free this weekend (we had breakfast with Mama Sue and sister Rachey, then dinner with Dave's family Sunday) AND came back to the apartment able to stock the fridge full of leftovers and food Dave's mom sent home with me. Including TWO boxes of Keurig cups. One being pumpkin...yum!
- Despite having some stomach issues yesterday afternoon and evening...I made it to the apartment gym to do my long-run! It wasn't my best run, but I'm so glad I got those miles in so I don't feel like I have to make up for them later. It's week 9 of 18 for my half-marathon training...time to get serious!
- I found a great job-hunting resource on the university's website (last night when I was going to be studying but suddenly panicked about finding a job)! I applied for one of the jobs and have many more potentials that I will check out later this week (after my Chemistry test fun is over).
- I got to borrow The Lorax from Dave. Cheesy kid movies make me happy every time! Dr. Seuss was one wise man!
- I also have some pretty pink flowers to look at! Courtesy of Mr. Dave (the BF).
*~Amanda aka Semi-Health Nut~*
What can you find positive about your Monday?
Are you training for a race? Do you ever stress about getting your long runs in?
Linking this MIMM (or Marvelous in my Monday) post up to the lovely Diva: