I surprised myself (and my roommate) when I decided to try to keep my circadian rhythm in order (see guest post from a sleep expert) by getting up at 6am this morning...when I don't even have school!
I suppose part of it had to do with the fact that I went to bed at about 9:30pm...right on track to get up early!
I wasn't feeling too well the past few days so I was going to use this lovely day off to sleep in and basically be lazy lazy LAZY.
|I am SO feeling thankful for my day off JUST when I needed it! (more 30 days of thanks posts here)|
So since I feel awesome, instead of being TOTALLY lazy...I have a little to-do list today.
- Write blog post. (check!)
- Prep tomorrow's Teach Me Tuesday post about social media time wasting...and what to do about it. (Excited about this one!)
- Get my dang shelves on my dang book case. My roommate can attest to the fact that I've been going a little bananas since I lost the little tabs you use to hold up the shelves in the move. I went to the hardware store ALL BY MYSELF (so proud!) and got two different kinds (to be prepared if one didn't work) and NEITHER worked. Both were too big. Well Dave, being awesome like he is, got me the right size, but the shelves won't go down all the way. They are stuck on one side by the 1/8" thing sticking up. He suggested I try to hammer it snuggly into place. We will see how that goes.
- Hang things on the walls. THIS CLOSE to being fully moved into my new place!
- Buy a sound machine. Mine broke last night! *tears*
- Go for a run and get back on schedule with my half- marathon training schedule.
- Schedule my workouts for the week in my phone.
- Find a couple of 5Ks to run before April. (Suggestions??)
- Sign up for Race for Grace! Even if it IS the morning after a wedding. If I don't make it, my entry is supporting a great cause and the best race I've personally ever been to, and the first 10K I ever did!
- Finances. Bleh everywhere. It's so expensive to live on your own! My dad and awesome BF Dave help me a little (spoiled), but still.
- More job hunting. I know I can just work at a coffee place or waitress...but I really want to find somewhere that will either pay me to do homework (like a job on campus) or somewhere that will give me experience in my field of study, dietetics! I am hoping I don't have to settle for whatever job is available after my savings runs dry.
- Study nutrition. First test this week! Eek! (Oh who am I kidding...I am excited for anything involved in my nutrition classes! Even tests!)
- Oh yeah...Chemistry homework due online tonight...should probably start on that. Why is it okay to have homework due on a holiday?
I really am going to try to take time to be lazy too. I heard on the radio that scientists (or health experts?) are now recommending we take one day a week as a "rest day" for our physical and mental well-being.
I chuckled to myself when I heard that because isn't that what God "recommends" in the bible? Sometimes I really do wonder why we have to separate religion (I kind of dislike that word...I have faith in God and a relationship with him, not really religion) from everything when it seems that we eventually come back to it. Just a little nugget for you all to contemplate today!
I hope you all enjoy your Monday (even if you DO have to work!)! Let's have a good week this week!
*~Amanda aka Semi-Health Nut~*
Do you have today off? What are your plans?
Are you able to ever take a real "rest day?" Why or why not? What if you KNEW it would benefit you for the remainder of the week if you did?
Linking up to the lovely Healthy Diva: