(Has anyone else noticed my sudden need for alliteration in my blog posts? Fitness Friday, Faithful Friday, Thursday Thoughts, Teach Me Tuesday…not to mention What I Ate Wednesday and Marvelous in My Monday)
I am happy to say that I have my half-marathon training plan finished! It’s in a google doc that you can see here. Feel free to print it out and use it! (Just please give credit where credit is due if you decide to share. ;))
I also printed out my school schedule and figured out when exactly I would be fitting in my workouts/running/fueling.
I even ran out in the cold! With snow and ice on the ground!
|I ran at 1pm|
Don’t worry, I was very careful. My Garmin time can attest to the fact that I walked over the packed snow and ice parts for fear of falling and injuring myself on my first week of training.
During the run I remembered a few things about cold weather running:
- Yes, it’s cold, even freezing. Even if you want to turn around the minute you set foot outside…jog for 5 minutes and then re-evaluate. You might find that you’ve warmed up enough to bear it.
- Some people don’t shovel their sidewalks.
- When running on the streets (due to afore mentioned sidewalks), even in neighborhoods, turn down or even turn off your ipod. You need to be able to hear the cars around you.
- Wear something over your ears.
- Dress in layers in case you get too warm.
- Don’t be afraid to look goofy. As long as you’re warm, safe and getting your run on, it’s all good.
- Chapstick and face lotion are your friends!
Happy Friday all! 🙂
How about you? Do you run in the cold/snow/ice?