It's that time again! The last day of the month! Can you believe it??
I think it's time to set some new goals for next month...what do you think?
One goal I will have on the forefront of my mind is thinking positively. This week was chaotic and I can remember many negative words going through my mind (and in my posts!). It's not that I shouldn't be able to have moments of frustration, but those moments should not go on for as long as I let them. Does that make sense?
A few things I am thankful for:
- I live in a safe and warm home (rent free! thanks Daddio!)
- I have a safe and working car with A/C
- I have plenty of food to eat to keep satisfied AND happy
- I am taking two nutrition classes that really and truly interest me
- I am able to get a great education (and need to be THANKFUL for that)
- I have a family that I love and that cares about me
- I have an amazingly supportive boyfriend
- I have some of the best blogging friends/readers a girl could ask for
- I got a box full of goodies this month...
Brittany from California, who blogs over at BBB Fit and Healthy, sent me a box full of goodies from Trader Joe's, a place I have yet to visit because it's pretty far out of the way.
In the box was:
- A short note, which I was originally thinking wasn't so personal or thought-out, but then I realized that she works for a college and HELLO school is back in session so I bet she has been even busier than me!
- Fruit sticks which will be super handy for fruit on-the-go at school.
- Fancy grinders that grind delicious things on top of, well, anything!
- A grain blend that will go very nicely with some new vegetarian meals I need to try.
- Sundried tomatoes which can be used in oodles of things but I have used them on pizza in the past and I just happen to have leftovers from Sunday in the freezer.
- Last, but not least, dark-chocolate covered edamame. AreYouKiddingMe!? So genius and delicious, they taste sort of like chocolate covered nuts. I am eating them as I type in my bedtime cereal. Yum.
Let's get a close-up of the grinders, shall we? I am super excited to use these on my baked goods!! My brother's bday is the end of September...
Thanks Brittany for the lovely box! Can't wait to dig into the rest of it! :)
And thanks to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean for hosting this crazy foodie penpal party. (Did you see her vegetarian guest post by the way?)
A last thing I need to know and be thankful for: God's got my back so what obstacles can really get in my way?? This is true for YOU as well if you ask Him to! :)
Happy weekend friends! I appreciate you all so much! :)
*~Amanda aka Semi-Health Nut~*
What are you most thankful for today?