How is your week going?
And more importantly..how are your New Years Resolutions coming?
Mine are going pretty well…
- I’m keeping up on running for my goal towards my first half-marathon. My miles are a little less than what I was planning on but I still feel pretty confident in my capabilities. (I still need to sign up for a 10K in preparation…there is a Leprechaun Chase in March…we will see!)
- I’ve read one book this month: Julie and Julia
- I’ve developed some healthified sweets:
- I am filling out the application for my associate’s degree (due Feb 1st!)
- I did not know this was due February 1st until today. It turns out if a student has completed their required classes in the winter quarter (as opposed to the Spring quarter), their application is due sooner. Who knew?
- I am also working on a having a guest post for late February. So. Excited. An amazing blogger has agreed to do a post for a series I will be hosting involving body image. Which brings me to my next goal I’m working towards…
- Having a blog series (In the works! Stay tuned!)
In other news…
I won a $100 visa giftcard from my wings-and-beer job (God knew I was in need of some new clothes) so I headed to Target.
You know what I realized when I got home? I had bought all one brand of gym clothes.
I am not a huge brand-name girl. I know the kind of jeans I like, I love Maurices and Kohl’s, but other than that I just buy what looks nice.
All of the gym clothes I bought were Champion. I went to my room and searched my other sports wear and most of it is Champion as well.
Now I know. 🙂
|The jacket here is also made by Champion and is also light weight and comfy|
I liked the pants because they were light and airy and I was able to go through a Body Pump class and/or running on the treadmill without my legs feeling hot and sweaty. The pants actually feel a little silky and luxurious.
I found a sports bra that is probably my new favorite due to it’s nice coverage/cold gym issues. It’s also super comfy, not too tight, not too loose…just right. ($20)
I also found some other ones on clearance.
|$8 on clearance but the top one is a little tight|
I also got two shirts (a blue one and a pink one) and the texture is amazingly smooth and lightweight. Can you tell this is something I look for in workout gear?
Plus the bright colors make me excited to workout! Who could ask for more?
I am loving the semi-fitted clothes from Champions!
I will be running in these ensembles the next couple of days outdoors since it is in the 50s here. (Seriously is it January? I really can’t tell.)
It’s time for me to get ready for the wing-n-beer job. Maybe I will win something else tonight?
Have a great week everyone!
How are your New Years resolutions coming along?
Do you have a favorite brand of workout clothing?
Disclaimer: These product reviews are based on my own personal experience and are truly what I believe. I have not been compensated for any of these products above.