I have a lovely recipe to share with you that I presented to my family on Christmas Eve, but it can be used throughout the year. I also have a couple of upcoming posts from Christmas weekend and I am super excited to tell you what I got for Christmas!
Peanutbutter Oreo Truffles (adapted from my oreo balls recipe)
- 1 Package Peanutbutter Oreos
- 1 8oz container cream cheese
- 1 scoop creamy peanutbutter
- Chocolate almond bark and decorations
- Crush oreos a few at a time in a large, sturdy ziplock bag
- Add cream cheese and peanutbutter and mash together in bag
- Put bag in freezer for 20 minutes
- Roll oreo mixture into balls
- Heat almond bark according to directions and dip oreo balls
- Place on waxed paper and sprinkle
I placed each into a cupcake wrapper for a festive look.
I was going to make a second batch of regular oreo balls, but I decided to just dip the oreos in some candy melts and decorate them. A little quicker but still delish and adorable!
My uncle Bill LOVED my peanutbutter truffles!
Stay tuned for more Christmas photos and to see my epic present!! (Someone said that the word epic is overused. Whatever. The present is epic.)
RULES FOR USING CONTENT
All photos and content are property of Diary of a Semi-Health Nut unless otherwise stated. Rules for sharing content: 1. Always link back to the source of any recipe, photo or idea you use. 2. Never copy full recipes. Thank you so much for helping me spread the semi-healthy word!